Monday, May 1, 2017

Exciting news!

Remember me? I'm terribly embarrassed that it's been so long since I've last posted anything on my blog.  Please accept my apologies. I've so much to tell you that it may take me weeks to catch you up on things.

I want to start with some exciting news. I was approached a few months ago by Annie's to submit class proposals for their Needle Art's Festival (click here) this December in Williamsburg, Virginia. I was thrilled that they accepted all three of my proposals--two early bird classes and one regular class.  Registration is now open for all classes.

Today I'm going to show you one of my early bird classes, Be It My Ambition. This compartmentalized-style sampler has nine octagonal cartouches surrounded by a luscious strawberry vine border. The center cartouche has an old sampler verse, Be it my ambition to excel in the blest art of doing well. This is truly a sentiment we should embrace not only in our needlework but also in our lives.

This project uses the following stitches: backstitch, closed herringbone, cross stitch, cross stitch over one linen thread, horizontally elongated cross stitch, mosaic, padded satin, satin, ray, Smyrna cross, star, straight, tent, and vertically elongated cross stitch.

Your class kit will include charts and detailed directions for stitching (18 pages plus the cover), 36-count linen, silk embroidery threads, and a needle.


The use of specialty stitches adds a lot of texture as shown in the following two photos.


For many needleworkers, Christmas in Williamsburg is the dream needlework seminar. Can you imagine wonderful classes in such a beautiful and historic location? You can also explore the village during your free time. Colonial Williamsburg is a very special place to visit, and it's even more wonderful at Christmastime. I've been there often over the years, and I'm always excited to return.

Don't worry about not knowing anyone if you're new to this seminar.  As you probably know, needleworkers are an extremely friendly bunch, so it will be easy to make some new friends.  If you don't want to travel alone, bring a friend, your daughter, sister, or cousin, or perhaps your husband. It will be great opportunity to indulge in your needlework passion, to explore wonderful Colonial Williamsburg, to renew old acquaintances, and to create new friendships with those who share your passion.

I've enjoyed hearing from some of the needleworkers who plan to take one or more of my classes. I hope you too can join us for a fun time in Williamsburg November 30-December 4.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

No need to apologize, life keeps us busy sometimes.
Congrats on being accepted to the Needle Art's Festival.
Be It My Ambition is a beautiful piece.
The Strawberry border is so sweet.
Have fun!
Marilyn

Barb said...

Great seeing your post Ellen. A workshop in Williamsburg at Christmas time, that sounds very tempting plus,I love that sampler.It looks like a good way to learn some new stitches. It is a beautiful time to visit that village. We did go one year and it was wonderful.